HTC Explorer is an amazing entry-level mobile phone that is admired by many of the smartphone buyers for its reliable features and competitive price. Though the handset possesses utilizable features, it has certain limitations too, that make the users quite unhappy. Fortunately, there is a solution to avert some of the significant limitations of the smartphone without spending any amount from your pockets. The process is called as rooting and it helps users to reach the core files and gain complete control over the handset. Uncover the step-by-step instructions mentioned below to accomplish the process of rooting successfully in your HTC Explorer mobile phone.
Less than an hour.
- HTC Sync is one of the most essential tools to perform the process of rooting successfully. If you don’t have it in your personal computer, take time to install HTC Sync first, before you begin. You may also download the program from the manufacturer’s website for free.
- The next step is to unlock then handset’s bootloader. The procedure for unlocking could be found at HTCdev which provides several tools and innovative ideas to make one’s handset become compatible with third party applications and several other functions. Though HTC Explorer may not be listed in the supported devices’ list, users have tested it to work with similar models.
- If you have successfully unlocked bootloader, then your next step is to enable USB debugging option. This could be done by navigating to your settings in the menu and then choosing applications. From the available options, point to ‘development’ and then enable USB debugging feature. If you have done this step, you have almost crossed 50 percent of the entire procedure.
- Adding a recovery is one of the essential and vital steps in rooting your HTC Explorer mobile phone. In fact, this will allow users to install compressed files and folders that are usually referred as zip files. However, accessing this recovery option needs a little trick. Users need to remove the battery first and fix it again. Then, by pressing the lower volume key and the power button simultaneous, users would be able to access this recovery option in the menu screen. To mention, a separate zip file that contains A310E recovery information is required to initiate this action. This zip file must be extracted to make its contents readily accessible.
- Once the extraction step is performed, synchronize your mobile phone with the personal computer. Open the extracted folder and run the recovery.bat file.
- The penultimate step is to transfer the superuser.zip file to the external memory card on your phone.
- As mentioned earlier, the final step is to enter into the recovery mode. You must activate it by pressing the lower volume key, OK and power buttons simultaneously. Locate the superuser.zip file from the external memory card and run the same. And then, the process is completed successfully.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are there any risks involved in the rooting process?
Of course, yes. Rooting the device is against the manufacturer’s rules and regulations. Unlocking the bootloader might also cause some serious effects. In fact there are possibilities for the device to get damaged due to overheating or some serious side effects. To add, there is also a risk of losing data. In a nutshell, the process of rooting gives you freedom and sophistication along with risks. However, the choice depends entirely on the user’s decision.
2. What are the benefits of rooting?
There are several advantages of rooting your HTC Explorer mobile phone. Rooting allow users to gain complete control over their handsets. To brief, it lets users to gain access to the phone’s core files, improve battery life, remove unused applications, overclock the processor and lots more.
- If you don’t possess HTC Sync program, you can download it from the manufacturer’s website.
- Before commencing the rooting process, make a complete backup of your phone’s data. In case, if your handset gets damaged during the process, you may still have your valuable information safely in your PC.
- If you are unsure about any particular procedure, please don’t proceed with a wild guess.
Things to watch out for
- As mentioned earlier, the process of rooting involves several risks. The users must read and understand them clearly before commencing the process.
- HTC Explorer might not be listed in the supported devices’ list in the HTCdev website. Selecting a similar device in the list would help you.
- Rooting nullifies the handset’s warranty as this process is completely against the manufacturer’s rules and guidelines.
- Before commencing the rooting process, ensure that the handset’s battery has more than 60 percent of charge.