Your business phone number is one of the important elements as it gives the first impression to your contacts and customers. Choosing a random phone number sometimes makes difficult for the people and the customer to contact you. Always choose an easy and memorable cell phone number which makes the other person easy to contact you. Yes, you can choose your desired cell phone number, how and why? Let’s see some of the tips and advantage of choosing the right cell phone number.
A Phone number should easy to remember
The foremost things while choosing a business number are it should be easy to remember for the people. Having a right and easy cell phone number can benefit up your customer trust, exchange rates and help in the branding of your business. It can make your advert to set and grow. When you are having an easy number people remember it and thus it will be easy for them to contact you. This way you can build a strong network which will definitely affect your business to prosper in future.
How to choose the right cell phone number
There are some tips to keep in mind while choosing the right cell phone number. A vanity number is the right option for you as it is ideal and good for business and especially when you are starting a new business. But you need to figure out what to choose and keep in mind. Here are some pointers which can help you choose your phone number.
- Choose easy number: -Choose a number which is easy to remember for your customers like vanity number where you can request for the special and easily remembered sequence for advertising and promotions. Like 1800- cab, 1800- food delivery, 1800- flowers etc where numeric vanity phone numbers are used. One of the important things to consider is using letters and avoids using so many numbers which are easily remembered.
- Availability of your desired phone number: – The most important and toughest part is finding your preferred phone number if it available or not. People have been using these numbers for years now and so the chances are many numbers have been already used and not available. However, there are so many toll-free prefixes to work with. Ask for the numbers and chances are that you will get your preferred number for use.
- Talk about what your business does: -Numbers are the wing of your brand. In a way, it gives an idea of what your business is all about. So utilize your phone number to convey to the customer what you like to tell them as 1-800-Contacts do. They will have the quick idea of it and there will be no confusion over what they sell there!
- Avoid complex spellings: – Don’t make the mistake by a using substitute letter for making it stylish. Like some people use z instead s, for example, ‘notes’ when ‘notes’ is available. This makes the person on the other side very much confused. And they always end up putting wrong letters. So use simple words and letters.
What not to choose in the business phone number
- Transposed numbers: – Some people preferred to choose transposed numbers which makes a person confuse in a way. For example numbers like 1800/ 34 83 43 are very confusing and where chances are that people can mistype the numbers as the last pair of numbers are very confusing. So it’s better to go for some simple pair of numbers which is either in ascending or descending order like 1800/ 34 38 34, you can see this that these numbers are in sequence and easy to remember.
- Too many occurrences of the same digit: – Also people like to choose phone number which has one digit so many times, like six times 1 or 7 times 8 e.g. 1800/ 111111. Or 1800/ 8888888 which is very irritated and people tend to type the wrong numbers. Avoid having too many same digits at one go or in a row as people get confused and they don’t remember so many repetitions at one go. For this, you can have it in blocks (1800/11 11 11 11)which will be a little easy for them to remember.
- Local dialing code: – When you are selecting your phone number, try to go for numbers which have matching dialing code.
Conclusion: First impression is the most special one and it counts.
Lastly, the biggest advantage of having a memorable phone number is it becomes easy for the customer to contact you and reach to you and respond. So make it easier for your customer to get in touch with your business by providing them with an easy and memorable phone number. In today’s world, people hardly remember anyone’s phone number; they just use their Smartphone to find the number and people. So better to give them the opportunity to remember you for a lifetime.